The transition from college to the working world necessitates developing crucial soft skills & in-depth academic knowledge to secure lucrative job opportunities. And this is why you and your parents must be looking out for an institute that offers placement & training facilities on their campus.
If you’re determined to succeed professionally, you need to develop certain skills demanded by your prospective industry, and in this blog, we’ll understand how the placement & training cell of the best private colleges in Coimbatore, Cheran Group of Institutions can help you find your inner light to reach the road to success.
Table of Contents
What is a training & placement cell?
The training & placement cell is a department in any college/University that helps students in finding the right on-the-job training and placement. They also help students in enhancing student skills according to the industry’s demands to increase their chances of employability.
Why placement & training is important?
1.For real-world exposure– Till school students were less exposed to the outer world and hence during college, the placement cell of the best colleges in Coimbatore takes the opportunity to take students on industrial visits and offers them summer internship opportunities to expose them to the real working environment.
2. Skill development– Students belonging to different streams need to develop different skillset to get a job, and the placement cell helps students build their technical and soft skills according to their subject domain.
3. Aptitude building– Most of the prestigious companies conduct aptitude tests as the 1st step to scrutinize candidates during the placement process at private colleges in Tamilnadu. Especially engineers need quantitative aptitude, problem-solving skills & data analysis to appear in aptitude test and placement cell helps students in building these requisite skills.
4. Personality development– Training & placement cell of the best private colleges in Coimbatore, helps students build confidence levels, and communication skills, reducing stage fear and overall personality development. To develop the personalities of the students, the training & placement cell organises various activities to find out the strengths & weaknesses of the students. And help them with pre-placement sessions in reducing student’s weaknesses and further improve their strength.
5. To make the right career choice– At present, every field has an abundance of career opportunities and sometimes students get confused about which career path to choose, to rescue such students, the placement team in colleges in Tamilnadu, advises students on which career path to choose in the future.
How Cheran Group of Institutions is providing training & placement facilities to the students?
1. Career Counselling– Cheran Group, one of the best private colleges in Coimbatore, has established a career counselling team to help students choose the correct higher education courses/ job opportunities based on their skills, knowledge, and career goals. Experts of counselling teams conduct one-to-one sessions with students to better understand student’s needs and to suggest suitable career paths.
2. Workshops- The placement department of the best private colleges in Tamilnadu will provide you with a briefing on the criteria through regular workshops before extending your abilities and before advancing you in your preferred sector for employment. They will conduct workshops to teach you how to build an impressive resume, how to write a cover letter/Email, how to maintain body postures during an interview, etc.
3. Career development activities- Before presenting their students in front of the key employers of the industry, the best private colleges in Coimbatore, Cheran group has done a skillset analysis of different industries and designed a distinguished training program for each course. And in those training modules, they organise different activities to build & enhance students’ skills and knowledge.
4. Mock interviews– While some students find interviews to be difficult endeavours, others consider them as simple games. To make students feel less anxious during the placement interview, they conduct mock interview rounds to make students practice how to respond to commonly asked questions with confidence.
5. On-campus placement– The main objective of the training & placement cell is to help college students in getting placement. And Cheran Group is one of the best private colleges in Coimbatore that have made a strategic alliance with prominent companies to recruit their students from on-campus placement drives.
Some of the top recruiters of Cheran group are-
- Apollo Hospitals
- Eureka Forbes
- Hinduja Leyland Finance
- Muthoot Finance
- TVS Group
- Fortis Hospital
- IDBI Bank
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Bank
The placement & training cell at the Cheran Group of institutions is committed to offering all kinds of help to the students regarding offering campus placement to the students. From counselling students to choose the right career option to help them be placed in the reputed organisation makes Cheran group rank top amongst the best private colleges in Coimbatore.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the internship salary called?
The internship salary is called a stipend/allowance. Students receive this stipend as compensation for their efforts in the training period.
- What is the objective of placement?
The objective of placement in a college/University is to bring fresh talents and employers one step closer to creating an employer-employee relationship.
- What is the role of training & placement cells in a college?
This cell works persistently to support students in pursuing their professional objectives by equipping them with the necessary skills to find desired employment. They also develop a solid collaboration between students, alumni, faculty members, and top businesses in the industry to achieve their goals.
- How do I prepare for the placement interview?
Improve your communication skills, practice the commonly asked questions, and participate in a mock interview organised at the best private colleges in Coimbatore to prepare for the placement interview.
- What are the qualities required for getting campus placement?
Your college grades, confidence level, communication skills, subject knowledge, leadership skills, and problem-solving skills are certain qualities that are required to get campus placement.