Are you curious about electronics engineering and want to know how to pursue a career in this field? Electronics engineers work on various projects such as radio frequency design and mobile communications, electronic control systems, telecommunications, electronic product design, consumer electronics, signal processing, military and aeronautical electronics, etc.
In this blog post, we will give you a comprehensive guide on how to pursue a career in electronic engineering from BE colleges in Mumbai. We will cover the following topics:
Table of Contents
The BE in Electronics engineering is an undergraduate course that teaches students about the design, development, and application of electronic circuits, devices, and systems. To get an overview of this course at the best BE colleges in India, check out the table below.
|Course Name||Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics Engineering|
|Mode of Examination||Semester System|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% in 10+2 with PCM + Entrance Examination|
|Average Salary||INR 3.9 LPA|
To pursue a career in BE Electronics at the best BE colleges in Mumbai and even other parts of India, you need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Secured at least 50% aggregate marks in PCM subjects (45% for reserved categories).
- You are qualified in an entrance exam conducted by various bodies and universities for admission to BE Electronics courses. For example, you need to clear the MHT CET to get a seat in the BE Electronics program at Terna College of Engineering.
There are various entrance exams that you can appear for to get admission to BE colleges in Mumbai and the rest of India. Some of the popular ones are:
- JEE Main: Joint Entrance Examination Main is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in NITs, IIITs, and other centrally funded technical institutions.
- JEE Advanced: Joint Entrance Examination Advanced is a national-level entrance exam conducted by one of the IITs annually for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in IITs and some other premier institutions.
- MHT CET: Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell for admission to undergraduate engineering courses in government and private engineering colleges in Mumbai and the rest of Maharashtra.
The course curriculum for BE Electronics varies from college to college, but generally covers the following subjects:
|Engineering Mathematics||Engineering Physics||Engineering Chemistry|
|Engineering Graphics||Digital Logic Design||Engineering Mechanics|
|Digital Signal Processing||Microprocessors and Microcontrollers||Electromagnetic Fields and Waves|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Linear Integrated Circuits||Analog Circuits|
|Control Systems||Signals and Systems||Communication Systems|
|Electronic Devices and Circuits||Electronic Instrumentation and Measurements||Basic Electronics Engineering|
|Embedded Systems||VLSI Design||Power Electronics|
|Microwave Engineering||Wireless Communication||Optical Communication|
|Robotics and Automation||Nanoelectronics||Antenna and Wave Propagation|
|– Industrial Training||Biomedical Electronics||– Project Work|
BE Electronics graduates from the best engineering colleges in Mumbai and the rest of India have a wide range of career options in various sectors such as:
- Telecom: They can work as telecom engineers, network engineers, RF engineers, mobile communication engineers, etc. in telecom companies like Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, etc.
- IT: They can work as software engineers, hardware engineers, system engineers, embedded engineers, etc. in IT companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Cognizant, etc.
- Defence: They can work as defence engineers, aerospace engineers, missile engineers, radar engineers, etc. in defence organizations like DRDO, ISRO, HAL, BEL, etc.
- Education: They can work as professors, lecturers, researchers, etc. in educational institutions like IITs, NITs, BITS, VIT, and even BE colleges in Mumbai.
- Manufacturing: They can work as product design engineers, quality control engineers, testing engineers, maintenance engineers, etc. in manufacturing companies like Samsung, LG, Philips, Sony, Bosch, Siemens, etc.
- Power: They can work as power electronics engineers, power system engineers, renewable energy engineers, etc. in power companies like NTPC, BHEL, NHPC, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd., etc.
The salary and scope for BE Electronics graduates from BE colleges in Navi Mumbai, and other parts of India depend on various factors such as:
- Qualification: The higher the qualifications, the higher the salary and scope. For example, a BE Electronics graduate can earn more and have more opportunities than a diploma holder in electronics engineering.
- Experience: The more experience, the more the salary and scope. For example, a BE Electronics graduate with 5 years of experience can earn more and have more opportunities than a fresher.
- Skills: The more skills, the more the salary and scope. For example, a BE Electronics graduate from BE colleges in Mumbai with skills in VLSI design can earn more and have more opportunities than a BE Electronics graduate with skills in basic electronics engineering.
- Location: The location also affects the salary and scope. For example, a BE Electronics graduate working abroad can earn more and have more opportunities than a BE Electronics graduate working in Patna.
- Sector: The sector also affects the salary and scope. For example, a BE Electronics graduate working in IT can earn more and have more opportunities than a BE Electronics graduate working in education.
The scope for BE Electronics graduates from BE colleges in Mumbai is also very high in India and abroad.
If you are passionate about electronics engineering and want to make a difference in the world with your skills and knowledge then this is the right career choice for you. There is a huge demand for electronics engineers in various sectors such as telecom, IT, defence, education, manufacturing, power, etc. The advancement of technology and innovation also creates new opportunities for electronics engineers to work on cutting-edge projects such as nanoelectronics, robotics and automation, biomedical electronics, etc.
However, it’s better to choose a sector that suits your interest and skills and apply for jobs or higher studies like a ME or PhD from one of the best BE colleges in Mumbai after completing your course. Also, keep in mind to update your skills and knowledge regularly to stay ahead of the competition and grow in your career.
- How many seats are available for the BE Electronics program at Terna Engineering College?
60 seats are available for the BE Electronics program at Terna Engineering College.
- What are some other BE programs that will land me jobs in the same industries and BE Electronics?
Some other BE programs that will land you jobs in the same industries and BE Electronics include BE in Electronics and Telecommunication, IT, Computer Engineering, Industrial Design, etc.
- Where is Terna Engineering College located?
Terna Engineering College is located in Navi Mumbai.
- Who are the top recruiters for BE graduates from Terna Engineering College?
The top recruiters for BE graduates from Terna Engineering College include Accenture, Amazon, BYJUs, Flipkart, Google, IBM, JP Morgan Chase, TCS, etc.