How to Plan Your Self-Study for AZ 500 Certification Exam?
Microsoft recently issued an Azure course especially for Azure training for Azure security solutions called Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate. For this certificate, you have to write one test called Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies.
Microsoft Azure security engineers are selected for this analysis who use security controls, maintain security status, manage your identity and access, and protect your data, applications, and networks.
Candidates going for AZ 500 certification course identify and address risks through various protection tools, use them to protect against threats, and respond to increased security incidents.
Who Should Take This Test?
- If you are an SME (News Specialist) in implementing security controls, security threats, identity management, access, data protection, applications, and networks in cloud environments and combinations.
- If you are interested in the security of your organization and customers.
- If you are familiar with scripting and automation and understand networking and virtualization.
- If you strongly understand Azure training products and services and other major Microsoft technologies.
Microsoft offers you free online Azure training and learning methods for various Microsoft technologies. Not only do they provide learning materials, but they also manage free online questions and labs. Microsoft Learn is an integral part of the AZ-500 test guide.
Percentage of Questions for All Modules:
1. Manage Your Identity and Accessibility (30-35%)
Most of the test questions will appear in this module as it explains more about Azure Active Directory, how to manage and configure AD IDs, manage access controls by granting permissions, customizing RBAC roles, and translating permissions. Prepare well for situation-based questions in this module.
2. Use Platform Protection (15-20%)
This module can expect a few comparative questions as it deals with field protection. In-depth information on Virtual Networks Verification, Encryption, and Network Security Teams can be there.
3. Managing Security Services (25-30%)
The concepts described in this module are Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center, Azure Sentinel, and setting up security policies. Questions will be on client needs for managing and adjusting security policies.
4. Data Security and Applications (20-25%)
This module describes the security of storage and database. It prepares the Azure SQL Database Advanced Threat Protection, manages access to Key Vault, backup and restores Key Vault objects, and much more.
Resources and References:
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC).
- Exercise labs and workshops.
- Microsoft Learning Path.
- Microsoft Documents.
- Examples of course studies to understand client needs.
- Instructor-led training is available to help you prepare for certification for Microsoft Azure Security Technologies.
Tips and Tricks:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft has abolished test labs.
- To unlock the test, it is highly recommended that you go through the labs to understand how Azure solutions are used.
- A lot of focus is provided on proprietary services, including verification and authorization methods, working with Azure Active Directory, PIM configuration, conditional access policies, copyright protection, MFA, and SSPR, and queries from Azure Active Directory Connect.
- Emphasis on Network ideas and how to protect Azure Upload Jobs using VNets, SubNets, Bastion host, Firewalls, NSGs, DDOS, VNet peering, Hub, and Spoke architecture, VPN, ExpressRoute, etc.
- The test focuses on Compute and Storage Security as well. You must concentrate on encryption, SSH connection options, JIT configuration (Instant Time), the difference between SAS keys and access, and hosted ownership.
- You can expect questions in the Microsoft Database provided by Azure which includes Azure SQL, Azure SQL managed conditions, and Azure Synapse. One needs to understand concepts such as website scanning, secure access to the site, various types of site encryption, including TDE and how to set up end encryption, risk assessment of your website, and data encryption.
- In the trial, questions also come from the following topics: Azure Policies, Azure Plan, RBAC, Management Ownership, Application Guarantee, etc.
- The current test focuses on the Azure Sentinel and Azure security center together.
- As part of your preparation, it is recommended that you go through the Azure Sentinel and Azure security center with a web-based practice.
To prepare well, you need to know about using Azure security controls that protect the identity, access, data, applications, and cloud and hybrid networks as part of the end-to-end infrastructure.
Azure security engineers often work as part of a larger team to plan and implement cloud-based management and security.
You should have a working knowledge of Azure management and diverse areas and infrastructures such as code, security procedures, cloud capabilities, and Azure certification and services.