Table of Contents
Writing a dissertation on the Gantt chart is a complex and challenging task when dealing with a lengthy project. Are you overwhelmed with the Gannt chart dissertation? If yes, then this guide is for you. So, let’s begin the discussion of what the Gantt chart is.
According to Kara Credle’s updates on Nov 14, 2023:
“A Gantt chart is defined as a project management tool that outlines the project tasks and project timeline using a horizontal bar chart.”
In the 1800s, Karol Adamecki, an experienced engineer, introduced this term for the first time. Then, in 1910, an American mechanical engineer, Henry L. Gantt, gave a new version of this chart for utilising for project management to represent how work is scheduled over time.
Now, it has become a powerful tool for project management by breaking down a lengthy process into small chunks with dedicated time. It helps you direct you in the right way to move on throughout the project without missing the essential step.
A Gantt chart dissertation is a clear visualisation of certain activities from the initiation of a project from the start and end date. Project management students need these charts, and they choose this topic as their final year project. They picked Gantt chart dissertation topics about monthly pricing project plans, software development, construction projects, sales management, risk management, strategic alignment, etc. It will help managers understand when and what to do.
It is a very helpful and useful approach to manager-length project activities. However, when students encounter writing a Gantt chart dissertation, they find it challenging when handling bundles of different activities throughout the project because it’s a technical task that they cannot do independently without any support and guidance.
This is why we are writing this piece of information, which will help you create a Gantt chart to make a positive impression on your professor. You can also rely on dissertation writing services to create your Gantt chart dissertation without any hassles.
Your Gantt chart is a visual layout that represents all the dissertation project Gantt chart tasks logically. But the question arises of how to make a Grant chart effectively. So let’s see here how:
To start with some initiatives, you need to look over the sample Gantt chart for the dissertation to get more ideas for project management. Managing a project involves much confusion, as sometimes you know how long it goes and most of the time, you do not know how long it will take the project.
For example, you want to implement a new project management system to improve business productivity and efficiency. But you are unaware of the essential components, and in this way, you cannot come up with a strong decision. So, in that case, you can start by understanding the essential components you need to incorporate into your pie chart.
It is one of the best tricks that remove confusion in executing a strong Grantt chart dissertation. So, break down your project activities into smaller chunks or steps to make them more manageable. It will allow you to solve a complex puzzle and ensure clarity and focus on the project’s progress.
First of all, describe the project scope and outline the essential aspects. After that, break down larger activities into smaller steps in a logical manner. Then, orgnaise these tasks in the chart with a step-by-step approach to enhance efficiency and empower the teams to navigate the complex project.
Every project is different from each other, which demonstrates that every grant chart is unique. However, some essential components are standard that every type of grant chart contains.
The following are some standard features:
- Dates: Displayed on the top of your grant chart. It represents when the Gantt Chart Dissertation project starts and when it ends.
- Activities/Tasks: Every project combines various tasks and activities. They appear on the opposite side of the bars on the right side.
- Milestones: In every project, there are always some critical steps that hold the whole project’s success. So, your Gantt chart shows your milestones at the end of the taskbar by considering them as diamonds.
- Bars and Taskbars: Another essential element responsible for a dissertation timeline is the Gantt chart for completing a task. It allows your tasks to happen simultaneously. Through this, you can access the overall progress of your project.
- Arrows: Your project tasks can depend on each other by following a specific sequence; this is known as dependency. Here, you can use these arrows to direct their dependencies between tasks.
- Line Markers: There are line markers that are used to see where you are in your plan or project schedule. In the Gantt chart, the dates, information and tasks within a certain period and the line markers are used to depict the current date. It is the best strategy to assess how many remaining tasks and what you have completed.
Peter Hoang, Colin Whaley, and Karen Thompson represent Grantt Chart overview composed of various components in their article “Evaluation of an Intergenerational and Technological Intervention for Loneliness: Protocol for a Feasibility Randomized Controlled Trial (Preprint)”, published in 2020. Their Grant chart is represented below:
After that, make a layout of the grant chart and compile all project tasks and activities into your chart with the help of essential components. It will automatically make your Gantt chart structure containing all the essential details regarding your project. To compile your chart, you need to:
- Set project details
- Add tasks and activities.
- Schedule all the tasks.
- Focus on milestones and sub-milestone
- Incorporate dependency in your chart.
- Give every task a dedicated time.
When you have created your grant chart, it is essential for you to follow it through your project. Follow its steps as a reference. It will make your whole project management process smoother and easy to determine what tasks are remaining for the compression of the project.
Therefore, the Grant chart is a critical thing that makes a big impact on your project by giving a bird’s eye view of what is happening.
Writing a Gantt chart dissertation is unlike other types of dissertation writing. Undoubtedly, it is a nightmare for students of project management. But it is a necessary part of their degree, which they cannot take their eyes off because it is a technical task that is not easy for every student to do efficiently.
Off course, they need practical support in the form of a practical guide on how to create a Gantt chart dissertation. Also, you can get buy dissertation online and pass your project management degree with exceptional grades.